This week I didn't have any reader/fan submissions to show off. As you find things remember you can share them with me through all these different mediums:
While I was on my search for Made in USA products this past week I was sad to find so many Made in China products in the toy aisle. So I tried to find some kid stuff.
There is a meme going around Facebook with Willie Wonka saying it is as easy as reading a label to buy Made in USA. It is very true. On my hunt I probably turned over 50 items but I found what I was looking for.
This is what I found...
- Silly Putty was created by accident in an attempt to find a replacement to rubber.
- At first it was considered to be useless and was not marketed or used for anything.
- Silly Putty made its debut into the market in the 1950s and was sold for $1 and egg. Today it is still not much more than that.
- Silly Putty has also been to space! Silly Putty flew in the Apollo 8 mission in 1968.
- Over the years the ink in papers has changed so putty copying isnt as successful as it was when we were growing up.
I am sure you had silly putty growing up. What was your favorite thing to putty copy?
If you want to know more uses for Silly Putty check out the 50 Silliest Uses.