This recipe is a hit and is now made annually at Thanksgiving in my family.
Bake at 350*
Lots of prep time for chopping.
- 3/4 lb turkey sausage or any other kind
- 1/4 cp finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cp chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cp diced yellow squash
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 cp grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3 teaspoon sage
- 3 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
all my herbs are measured based on being dried herbs because that is what I always have handy. if you have fresh... great! use a Tablespoon for each teaspoon if you substitute
- Cook sausage until no longer pink. Add celery and onion to cook with sausage. when using turkey sausage it is such low fat there is usually nothing needed to drain.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, add all the seasonings and the parmesan.
- Add the sausage and all other cut vegetables to the bowl. stir to jumble them together.
- Pour into 8x8 pan. Cook uncovered until brown. Aprox 30 minutes.
I made this last year and it is so good! My dad even ate it and said it was good until we mentioned it was healthy and then he didnt get a third serving. Silly dads.