It is not original, It is from Betty. You know Betty... Betty Crocker. Yeah, we are good friends. We even made thanksgiving together last year. I took what she had and I adjusted it a bit to fit my needs.
Feeds 4. Uses a Square baking pan. 400*
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Bisquick mix
- 1 pack sausage
- Bell pepper ~ 1/2 cup
- Onion ~1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cup frozen hash browns
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Cook the sausage, bell peppers and onion. Drain fat off.
- Mix sausage combo, hash browns and 3/4 cup of cheese into baking dish. Stir to mix.
- In separate bowl:: mix Milk, Eggs and Bisquick. Pour into Baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400* for 40-45 min.
- Top with remaining cheese, cook 1-2 more minutes until melted.
Let cool for 5 min or so and serve warm! It is so good and it has only a few eggs and it filling. I used low fat sausage so there was no fat to drain off. I don't measure the peppers or onions or the cheese I wing it. I also put pepper into the egg mixture. I used red and a green pepper and it was pretty.
This could easily be doubled like Betty makes. Betty claims it feeds more than I really think it can, I guess people didn't get seconds before.
I love breakfast foods! And I love using my oven!
Check out the other recipes I have posted here.